Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Most Wonderful Woman in the World

Today is Kathlen's birthday and so I thought that I should write a little post about her.


I first met Kat in the spring of 2004 when her brother moved into my apartment. He moved in and the next thing that I knew is that there was this beautiful blond that started hanging around a lot. She was fun, outgoing, and enjoyed random, spontaneous things. This was perfect for me because I was a quiet, recluse physics major who was preparing to go to BYU to work on a degree in engineering. Her enthusiasm for life was contagious and I was attracted to her because she was able to create balance in my life.


For the next 7 months we saw quite a bit of each other since her brother and I were good friends. However, she wasn't quite sure that she wanted anything to do with me. I had to spend all that time doing my best to show off my charms and convince her to give me a second look. Meanwhile, she continued to impress me. She is an incredible leader yet ever willing to serve. She was always involved with some campus committee and always planning or coordinating some event on campus. She was also always reaching out to those who needed help and lifting those who were down and bringing a smile to those who were sad. All those activities gave me an excuse to spend time with her while helping her out. Finally, I wore her down and she agreed to marry me.



We have been married almost 3 years now and every morning I wake up and wonder how I managed to marry such an amazing woman. She always knows what to do to make me happy and she will sacrifice whatever she has to to make me happy. She has been such a strength and support to me as I have struggled through school. Even when times got stressful and finances were even shorter than usual I know that I always have a home to go to where I am met with a big smile from someone who can always find a way to love me.


Just about 10 months ago she brought a little baby boy into our family. As I have been watching her take on the role of mother I am even more amazed by her. Her willingness to sacrifice and her capacity to love are magnified by our son. Each day, as I see her sacrifice for him and interact with him I am more grateful that she is in my life. I am so grateful that our son has such a wonderful mother to look up to and who will train him and teach him and help him develop into a wonderful young man.


So thank you my Princess. Thank you for being willing to take a chance on me. Thank you for accepting me as I am and for working patiently with me as I try to become a man that is worthy of the most wonderful woman in the world, for you truly are. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Keriann said...

Happy Birthday (yesterday)! I hope you had a good day. You are an amazing person!

camillajean said...

Happy Birthday Kathlen! Yeah! Love the post. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

I second what Jon said. You are the greatest Kathlen! I am so grateful that you are a part of our family. What a sister!!!
Love you tons!!!