I am not at all excited to have Jon graduate, can you tell? I told Jon today to be sure to pick up his cap and gown tomorrow morning, the first 100 people get a free gift. His parents are flying in on Wednesday, it will be nice to have other people to play with Brett so I can do my chores. I want to reflect the next couple of days on our time here in Provo, I think I will tackle that one semester at a time, which is exactly how we survived our years here.
FALL 2005
Jon and I had been married for only 4 months when we moved here. When we arrived in Provo, the drivers were so scary that we didn't make it much past Jamba Juice on Parkway before we decided that we wanted to go back to Rexburg. We moved into a basement apartment on 1250East(which put us in the 5th ward), and I commenced to try to find a job and transfer to BYU. I started working at Emergency Essentials and unfortunately was not lucky enough to transfer to BYU. Our most memorable experience was that while we were gone for Christmas, our basement apartment flooded. When we got back our whole place was moldy( I am very very allergic to mold). The bad news was that I had sorted laundry before we left, so that when we got back I could throw our dirty laundry from the trip in the the other piles and have a slight head start on laundry. Well our bedroom was three-quarters completely soaked/moldy and so was everything on the floor. We lost a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff. Needless to say we did not stay there the next semester, but to find a new place was crazy. We searched and searched and right before we had to move out we found a place. Why the Lord did that to me I have no idea, but it was stressful.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment