Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!

My Birthday was pretty fun, my birthday usually lands on or around conference and since I love conference I am ok with that. Lets see for my birthday I got a cake decorating starter kit(I have done cake decorating before, but now I can get good), I got a book titled 2001 amazing cleaning secrets(if you have a stain and need help, let me know!) I also got two animated movies(jungle book and robin hood), Jon created that wonderful post that made me cry, and Brett took three steps. I also received numerous emails wishing me happy birthday. So as you can imagine it was a good birthday for turning 24.

Like I said I LOVE conference!!!! I will admit to falling asleep(sleep deprivation can do that to you), luckily we have conference on Comcast on demand so I can re-watch it! I always look forward to watching conference and listening to it, however I always seem to get chastised. Don't get me wrong I deserve it, I am always chastised with love, and then I kick myself!! This time it was brought to my attention that I should not spend tons of time surfing the internet. With that being said, I will still faithfully check all of you blogs, even though I check more then thirty of them. And I will stay up on the news, but other then that I am cutting myself off. I find that I waste too much time just dinking around, when there is so much else around my house that needs to get done. This might sound lame but I crated a chore chart of things that need to get done Daily, Weekly and Monthly. That way I can keep busy and reward myself when I have accomplished things. Conference is not only about repenting of those things that have been brought to my attention that I should not be doing, but also it teaches me things that I should be doing. For example Elder Ballard talked about mother's and taking time for ourselves, I loved that talk. He helped me realize that I need more time for me then I give myself. With that being said I blocked out time for me on my chore chart, that way I don't forget it and I have to do it once a week!!

Before conference I pray that the Lord will tell me things that I need to hear, through his Prophet and Apostles. He has never let me down, I always seem to hear those things that I need to hear. I am so excited to have a chore chart to be able to do those things around my house that will make me feel better. Instead of waiting until it piles up to do it, then I am just too overwhelmed to do anything.

8 comments:

Keriann said...

I made myself a chore chart too. I even have me time, and rewards too. That is so funny. I laughed so hard when I read that! Conference is a good time to reflect and make changes where they are needed.

Abbie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday. I meant to write it back on your actual birthday but I'm lame and forgot. You'll need to teach me how to decorate cakes before we both move.

Kathlen said...

I am not that good at decorating cakes, but I will teach you what I know. Jon's mom knows a lot, she is amazing. Name the day and we will have a cake party. Guess I need to read up, huh?

Kathlen said...

Keriann, I think we are two peas in a pod. Your like a sister to me!! I love ya!

Josh and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday- sorry it's a little late. I'm glad you had such a great day!
Melissa

Amanda said...

Happy Belated birthday!! Sorry it's late! You are sining my song with the chore chart thing! I have made so many it hurts to count,.. but you are inspiring me to make another,.. maybe someday I will find something that works! Darnit!

Kathlen said...

Don't worry Amanda, I am the same way with chore charts. I am praying that this one sticks around for a while.

Lori said...

Happy B-day! If you need to try out your cake decorating skills, I will gladly partake. :) Haha! My mom gave me a bunch of her old (very old) stuff, so hopefully I'll get good at it one day, too. And a chore chart is such a good idea! Let me know how it goes...