Sunday, April 27, 2008

Graduation and Glares

Thursday was the huge university graduation. Which was fun despite the traffic, the walk, the benches, the heat in the Marriott and even the glares. Yes the glares, I don't think I have received more glares in my whole life. As we sat there listening to the speakers, Brett started to get a little restless. You would too if you had miss all of you naps in one day. As mom, dad and I desperately tried to make him happy, the people in front of us would turn around and glare at us. First of all it was not like Brett was screaming at the top of his lungs, he wasn't even crying. At times he was even laughing(I think a laughing baby is better then a crying baby, don't you?) The stares and glares from this other family made my mom so uncomfortable that she was willing to take Brett outside. I stood my ground and kept Brett in with us. He was doing no harm and even though we would not remember what happened that day, I wanted him to be there for his dad.

It was very interesting the people behind us however loved playing with Brett. They were getting a kick out of him laughing and playing. He would even turn around and play with the couple. The grandma behind us, loved Brett like her own and would rub his cheeks and tell him that he was so cute, and that he was well behaved. I guess it is all about perspective.

After graduation we met up with Jon and got a few pictures. I will update our slide show after church so that you can see all of our fun. I am so glad the school is over for now. Even I can feel the weight of school lift. Congratulations to all of our friends that graduated, good luck in all of your endeavors. Please keep in touch!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

WAHOO! Congrats to Jon!!! That's so exciting! I can't wait until Jared is done with law school...i will totally know what you mean to feel the weight being lifted off, but then again, a new one will come again in finding a job and stuff...oh well, the joys of life's milestones. :) I know what you mean about people getting uptight about kids. Those people who are annoyed by just plain baby noises probably never had kids or don't remember what it's like. My poor parents always got those "glares" everywhere they went with their 8 kids...poor things.