Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Joke??

At about 2:56am Brett woke me up, usually when this happens I figure that he is hungry. I got up went to the kitchen, and in my half asleep half awake mode, commenced to make him a bottle. I put him in bed with us and started to feed him. About two minutes into this bottle he shoved it away and began to rollover on to his tummy and sleep. My first reaction was "yeah right!!!!" I tried to give him his bottle again, no luck. I went and put him back down in his crib and gave him some teething tablets, he fell right to sleep. I crawled back into bed and began the process of getting warm again. Not even two minutes later I was up again, I tried rubbing Brett's back. I tried cuddling with him, I turned off the humidifier(he has a little congestion), I tried putting him in his swing, I changed his pants(he was barely wet), I slept on the floor(at least I tried), I let his cry it out for five minutes, I covered my ears. Finally after two hours I gave in and now he is just content to sit on my lap while I type this. The thing the puzzles me is that his naps were very short yesterday. This kid should be wiped out, he is rubbing his eyes and yawning, is this his idea of an April fools joke? Not funny. I guess Mother's group this morning is out of the question. If you had planned on calling us today, or wanted us to have a play date with you. Thanks for the thought, but forget it we're sleeping!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

I can totally hear you saying that... "Yeah right!!!" Too funny.

Kathlen said...

Oh, there is no way Brett can sleep in our bed. Jon has his half and I end up sharing my half with Brett. Which consequently leaves me the floor. I feel bad by not letting him, but in the same sense he has a huge crib. Anyway we just woke up.

Kathlen said...

Ps. it is good to have you back Abbie!!!

Kristine said...

haha! That is the greatest thing ever. We did that just a few weeks ago. It's so not cool. But that's funny that Jon has half the bed and you get to share yours. it's the opposite way at our house. I need my space and Jayden & Chris share whatever is left. I hope you get some good sleep today. You just might need it for tonight. Enjoy the TAG!!

Amanda said...

Oh the Fabulous life of motherhood,.. not so fabulous!!