Leave baby home
Why do selfish people keep bringing disruptive infants into a setting where other students are trying to get an education? I don't mind that screaming kid on the airplane, but bringing them to class is an entirely different subject.
First of all, I love children, and the fact that the majority of people on campus love them too is in and of itself a valid reason why they should not be brought to the lecture halls. I, and 20 or more other people, will just end up staring and cooing at your child, wanting to play peek-a-boo with it, or watching you do so, rather than concentrate during a lesson.
Second, I don't appreciate it when you haul your gigantic Schwinn 5000 stroller over my laptop cord. It tears my cord up and yanks it out of the socket, and then you have the guts to give me a dirty glare for having the cord in the aisle.
And third, the obvious, they cry and smell. All I'm asking is that you please hire a babysitter or relative to watch your children during class time. Thank You.
Katie Walther
Anchorage, Alaska
Just for the record, I would check the attendance as it came around to see if that girl was in my class. I would be a little upset that if she had an issue with me, and she didn't come talk to me about it. Instead she decided to publish her disgust in the DU. Well like always there was a rebuttal. Unfortunately not the Jerry Springer type rebuttal that we usually get, and that sadly I was looking forward too. It did however make me laugh.
Leave laptop home
Why do selfish people keep bringing disruptive laptops into a setting where other students are trying to get an education? I don't mind that incessant typing on the airplane, but bringing it to class is an entirely different subject.
First of all, I love computers, and the fact that the majority of people on campus love them too is in and of itself a valid reason why they should not be brought to the lecture halls. I, and 20 or more other people, will just end up staring at you rscreen, wanting to play solitaire or surf the Internet or watching you do so, rather than concentrate during a lesson.
Second, I don't appreciate it when you haul your gigantic laptop accessories bag over my head. It tears at my hair and yanks it out of its follicles, and then you have the guts to give me a dirty glare for having my head in the way of your bulky bag.
And third, the obvious, they are loud and obnoxious when you constantly type. All I'm asking, to the author of "Leave baby home," is that you please refrain from accusing selfless mothers on campus, whose child is apparently too cute to compete with the professor for your attention, of being selfish. Thank you.
Marcor Platt
St. Johns, Ariz.
Hope you got a good laugh out of this! Keep taking those babies to class, take some cheerios too.
No comments:
Post a Comment