When I woke up this morning, I was exhausted. I didn't get any sleep last night, due to packing nightmares. I decided that this morning I would take a shower and then I would be energized to start the day. After I got out of the shower and I looked around my house, and almost started crying from the overwhelming feeling I was having. I decided that crying wouldn't help any so I started packing, trying not to think about everything that I had to get done.
At 10am I decided to call our mover to get the final date of the move(5th or 6th was our window). The guy on the other line who was not the guy I have been working with told me that they would not be able to move us until Saturday. Anyone who knows our situation, know that we have to be in Denver on Saturday for a baby blessing. I told the guy that it would not work cause the drive to Denver is 8 hours and that we have a baby so it will take us longer. Well he told me that I could leave the house right as the movers got there Saturday morning. HELLO!!......I am not going to open my house and leave while strange people are moving my stuff to their truck!! So I told the guy that I would talk to my husband and when my usual guy came in to have him call me.
I called Jon(he is trying to finish up work at BYU) to let him know what was going on, no surprise he wasn't happy either and told me to call the other mover(our 2nd choice). So I called up this lady and she said that she could get a truck here on Thursday morning. I called the first company back and asked for a supervisor(which happened to be the same guy I talked to earlier). I told him that Saturday would for sure not work, and that we are were going to go with this other company and he got super mad at me. He told me that I could not leave, and that they were scheduling another truck for us. I said, "Fine Bye." Then I called Jon and had him call this company and he talked to the same man, and he informed Jon that he had our credit card information and that he would not give us our $200 dollar deposit and we signed and agreement and on and on and on.
Jon called me and I told me that they were lying and that I had not paid them or given them my credit card info. At this point I wanted to cry, I was so upset that they were being like this. Jon called back and by some small miracle got a hold of Tom, our regular guys who had been handling this move. And he told Jon that no we hadn't signed an agreement, and no we had not paid our deposit yet. He also told Jon that he was canceling our truck, and asked what the other company was charging us so he could price match.
I am sorry this was no longer about who had the better deal, it is about one guy a supervisor no less, being a jerk and not keeping promises! This just reaffirms why I hate moving so much. Today has been a rough day to say the least, and I still just feel like crying.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry. Moving can be so awful without added extra stress. Good luck! I can't wait to see you!
That is no fun. I hate moving let alone when the movers won't work with you! I'm so sorry. Good Luck and have fun in Michigan! Keep us all posted!
Post a Comment