Thursday, June 19, 2008

Brett's Black Eye

While in Denver, Brett just started walking a lot. My sister in law has a tile floor and one thing led to another and he fell. At first we thought no big deal, we picked him up and there was a purple mark right above his eye. I naturally freaked out and grabbed some ice and by the time I got it on his eye, it was swollen about a half an inch off his head. Then it turned the darkest purple I have even seen a bruise turn, and he could not open his eye all the way with out his view being obstructed. A few days later Brett whacked his other eye, so he matched. I only have a photo the bruise a week later, we I am trying to get photos form the other people who have them. So just imagine this bruise where the yellow spot is on his brow.

Come to find out little wobbly boys and hard metal chairs do not mix very well. As Brett continues his adventures with walking, I am sure that he will get a few more bruises. Brett is doing better however, he can pretty much walk all over the house now. He's still a little wobbly but sometime I think he walks better then I do!!

Next UP, Our travel to Michigan with the...........FIERCE FLYER!!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Poor little Brett! It almost looks like he has makeup on! I am glad you guys made it safe and had some adventures on the way! Love you guys!

Dani W said...

wow! That looks painful... poor guy!

Keriann said...

His eye was pretty impressive in person. It was good to see you guys and I look forward to being able to see you more often now that you are really close to us!