Sunday, June 15, 2008

Detour To Denver

On our journey back to the great midwest, to took a little detour to DENVER!! Jon's sister just had another(her 4th) cute little boy and so we spent the weekend with them, had a blast and blessed the baby!!

Our Journey to Denver was not as fun at the visit for sure. As I said earlier, we left Provo at 9:30 pm. It is an eight hour drive with a baby(you can do the math,) we were in for an all nighter. Fortunately we promised both sets of parents that we would be wise and stop when we got too tired. Unfortunately for us that was Rock Springs, Wyoming. We stopped to get a motel, only to find out that all the motels were full. It was only another hour and a half to Rawlins so we figured that we could go that far. I had my sister in law give me a few numbers for motels in Rawlins, and I started to make some calls. All of the motels were spendy, so finally this guy at a super 8 told us that he had one room left and that he would give it to us for $59. That should have been a red flag, but at that time of night(1:30am)I could have cared less, plus Jon and I could not have a conversation without me saying something really weird. We were talking about cars of something and all of the sudden I said, "No wonder she can't keep her room clean!" Jon was like "WHAT??", and was like "What did I say?" Apparently I had fallen asleep and was talking, it was interesting to say the least.

We made it to the motel at 2:30am, it was so cold outside that you would of thought that it was still winter. We got Brett out and ran into the motel and immediately went to bed. Our room smelled funny and when I woke up on the morning I couldn't shower cause the bathroom looked absolutely disgusting. We left the hotel and tried to finish the rest of the trip, with a screaming baby(he got his 12 month shots the day before) Nothing I did helped, unless I was shoving goldfish in his mouth.

We had so much fun with Becc and her family, I am kind of sad that we have moved so far away! I have pictures of the little birthday party and our fun at their house, I hope to get them uploaded this week and get them on the slide show. Please check out the slide show a little later this week, and if it isn't done please bear with me. Mom Wierschke has us very busy!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Yeah! I finally caught up on your blog. Sorry, I haven't been able to read it for a while. That sucks about your messy movers...stupid people. Congrats to John for graduating and for you guys moving to Michigan!(that drive must have been a killer!!) That must be super exciting to be in a new place!Happy belated b-day to your cute little boy!