Almost two years ago I started working at the Utah National Parks Council for the Boy Scouts of America. I remember the day that I interviewed for the job, almost like it was yesterday. I wanted the job because I needed the money, but deep down I really didn't. I applied and interviewed and figured that they would never hire me. I had only been a den leader once and had very little experience. I got the phone call later that day from Chris and I was crazy and took the job. At first I really was not that interested in trying to be knowledgeable, or even trying to like it. I soon realized that I was attracted to the people there, they were so kind and friendly. More importantly I got along very well with Chris my boss(at least I think I did, He probably got annoyed with me, oh well) and my co-workers.I had only worked there two months and I felt good about everything. I actually learned to love it, and I tried to soak up as much information as I could. Until I got pregnant, I was so sick I could barely move. I was so grateful for everyone there who made my life easier. I would literally come to work, and do pretty much nothing except check people out and throw up. Chris, Sharon, and Kristen(co-workers) didn't seem to mind much and were just grateful that I showed up. When I started feeling better towards the end of my pregnancy, I really tried to give everything I had to my job. I truly loved it and was sad to leave.
I have a lot of fond memories of working there, I will even venture to say that the Scout Shop was one of my favorite jobs. Council Services always had food, and as a pregnant woman they made sure that I didn't starve. DE's and Secretaries watched over me, making sure
that I drank enough water. Some even occasionally brought me chocolate.Since having Brett I have tried to stop by and visit every month, It is so good to keep up with everyone and to be able to visit and not worry about wasting company time. I had the opportunity to stop by and visit on Wednesday, and to say good bye one last time. What I didn't know was that Chris and Sharon had a farewell cake for me(I always call ahead so that they know I am coming). I was really touched by that, it is nice to know that they care and that for all my craziness( I am sure I wasn't the nicest pregnant woman) that they still love me.
So to all of my scout friends from the bottom of my heart......THANK YOU so much for making me a better person. For touching my life, and for treating me like family. I will never forget you and I LOVE YOU TOO!! If you are every in Michigan you had better stop by! May God be with you until we meet again.
1 comment:
It is so nice to enjoy where you work. I am sorry you will miss your friends at the scouting job, but I hope you will meet a lot of other cool people in Michigan.
Post a Comment