Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Grad School Applications Are DONE!!!!!!!


We have Finally finished our Grad School Applications. I am so excited, it has taken us almost three months to get those suckers done. I don't think it would have been that bad if the websites were easier to navigate. I would get part of an application done and it would say 'do you have XYZ form?' and I would start to look for that form and sure enough I wouldn't be able to find it. Then I would have to call up the school and ask them where they put their form and they would give me a website that was full of miscellaneous forms. It is like they had no idea on where to put the silly thing so they put it on some random page with other form that they had no idea what to do with. Talk about stressful! I have been on the phone for most of this morning talking to universities trying to figure out some of the great mysteries to our application, and this wonderful lady at the University of Michigan was able to help me figure everything out. She is my lifesaver, I told her that if we got in to the U of M that I was going to take her out to lunch. With everything submitted we get to sit back and wait for the letters to come in, I think that now is the time that I pray that I submitted everything. There is so much to submit that you get so paranoid that you may have forgotten something. We have applied to five Universities
1) University of Michigan
2) University of Wisconsin
3) Penn State
4) University of Tennessee
5) Purdue
We should be getting offers mid Febuary, so we will keep you updated.

Before We left for Christmas we were able to get tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Choir Concert with the Kings Singers. I was an absolutely amazing event, if anyone has a chance to go to a Christmas concert on Temple Square DO IT!!!! They have different guest singers every year. Jon and I have seen the Kings Singers in concert before at BYU-Idaho for our first date, I was so excited to find out that they were going to be in Salt Lake City for Christmas. The Church is going to release their DVD next Christmas, Songs include: Angels from the Realms of Glory, The Little Drummer Boy, Sussex Carol, O Holy Night, 12 Days of Christmas and more. The Kings Singers are a very funny group and I wondered how they were going to pull off an event with the choir. The whole time I sat there waiting for them to break out and start cracking jokes, no luck until that is they sang the 12 Days of Christmas. I just about died it was hilarious. If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, go.

Our Christmas was very eventful on the 20th we flew to Denver to see Jon's sister and to surprise his parents(Christmas was with my Family this year), we had a wonderful time with them. We had the opportunity to go to the Nutcracker(I had never been), it was so cool, I was grateful for the opportunity. On the 27th we flew out to Spokane to be with my Family, we had so much fun. It was so good to be surrounded by all of my family since the death of my cousin and my grandpa at the beginning of the month. At first I was very discouraged about Christmas, then as I prayed for comfort I thought about all that had gone on in our family, I came to realized something. I realized that had it not been for our Savior who's birth we were celebrating that there would be no way that I would ever see those people ever again. It is because of his life and his death that when I die I can be with my family forever. What a great way to remember our Savior and to be thankful to him. It was still hard to say goodbye, but it made it easier. As my New Years Resolution I have decided that I am going to work harder on the things that I need to do so that I am not the weak link that separates my family.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Congratulations! Now is the time to sit and stew right? Scott got everything in for Law School on the 31st and I swear he lives for the mailman's visit. Good luck staying patient while you wait! :)

Kathlen said...

Thanks Abbie. Unfortunately I am the one that stay home all day and I am going to be watching the Mail Lady like a hawk. I know that we are not going to hear from grad schools until February So I have a few weeks to relax before the paranoia kicks in. Good Luck with Law Schools.

Anonymous said...

Cool! See this... Kings Singers video