Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brett's Visit to the Doctor


For those who don't know, Brett has struggled with weight gain since birth. So along with his scheduled "Well Check Visits" I take him in when ever I feel like it(usually once a month) to get his weight checked. Today was a weight check day. Before we left for Christmas break Brett weighed 15 lbs. 5 oz. Today I was praying that he would weigh 17 or 18 lbs, like always I got my hopes to high. Brett came close for his mom, He weighs 16 lbs. 12 oz. I scanned in he growth chart(the Dr.'s always print them out for me so that I can keep track) so that you can see his progress. His charts give you weight(13%), height(26.1 in. 9%) and head circumference(43.5 cm 18%).

When we got to the Doctors office I remembered that Brett needed the second flu shot. The nurse told me that she had just enough for Brett, she then told me that they had been turning people away because they thought that they were out. Unfortunately for Brett I always give him Tylenol before he gets shots, and he did not have Tylenol this time. Fortunately for me though he was great, he barely cried. He is such a good boy.

Brett is sitting on my lap and is crying because I will not let him type. So here is Brett...... tjkgfuijiuuf,vw pfc v ft ruubbbbbbb vvvvdddddddddd v c fdf c fdq h b vyyeqwdddddd ddddddddddddddbur6ygbuiiq gtfptgvtvjg bm, vc,vvmnok ,uyukoi4c43bg ioin6uuhmk99i mk iv i90 h n urbhef mswcxeur gbv /. v b.
Now that he has that out of his system I think it is time for a nap!!

Sometimes (like now) when things just have not gone my way, when the trials have been so hard, when it feels like they will never end. I find that sometimes I cry 'Lord why us? You know that we can't afford this. You know that this is a lot to bear.' Someone told me awhile ago that I needed to read this talk by President Hugh B. Brown titled, "The Currant Bush." I found a lot comfort in it , it helped me realize that everything that I go through is because I need to come to him and do his will. Today as I find myself overwhelmed and sad with all that has gone on I am touched by this talk, I remembered that He is my Gardner. I don't know why I felt impressed to tell you about it, but I hope that when life's storms blow your way that this talk will help. Read it even if you don't need it now. Just remember that He loves you.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

How come you're sad?:( He gained a pound and a half, plus he didn't cry too much when he got his flu shot... plus he got the flu shot. :) See... lot's to be happy about. But, ya, I know how it feels to cry, "Lord... we really don't have the money..."

Kathlen said...

Early December I lost my Grandpa and my cousin in two days, that made Christmas hard. For some reason I have not completely let go of my loved ones, I guess I am still grieving in a way. But Brett's weight has caused us to rejoice!! Thanks for the bright side.