Wednesday, January 23, 2008

University of Tennessee

Yesterday I had some important bills that had to go out in the mail. I waited all day for the mail lady/man (whoever decides to deliver that day). Finally at 6:45pm I see the mail person, I threw on my shoes and rushed out to grab the mail(This might not be true for most stay at home moms, but I live for the mail. Hoping that there will be something fun that someone has sent me.) As I started to flip through the letters, I was a little saddened when all I saw was credit card offer after credit card offer. All of the sudden at the very bottom of the pile a letter for the University of Tennessee! When I got into the house Jon was trying to put Brett to sleep, I could not control my excitement. By the time Jon had come into the den to open the letter I could not bear the suspense any longer, as he read the letter it simply stated, "Please check on-line to make sure that you submitted everything." Well at least we didn't get rejected. I have to admit part of me knew that it was way to soon to get an acceptance letter let alone an invite, but I was hoping.

Our family happens to love Dilbert. Jon found this Dilbert widget, so we hope that you all enjoy it.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Let me tell ya, I know the feeling. Scott got an email from Cornell that started out, "We are delighted to inform you.... that your application is complete." I mean, COME ON!! Are you kidding me? Don't they know we live for these moments?

Kathlen said...

So cruel, they should know better.