Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kate's Visit to the Pediatric Surgeon

We found out on Monday that Kate's little hole on her chest is a Branchial Cleft Cyst. It usually doesn't get detected in children until they are teenagers, so we caught it early. It is no light matter, at least that is what several Doctors have told me. It needs to be removed as soon as possible. Kate is scheduled for Surgery on the 10th of December. It is a quick 30-minute procedure, and she will be able to go home with us the same day.

*Click on the image to see the cyst.

Being her Mom, I am really scared. This surgery is consuming my thoughts all day long. I am so nervous. I am worried how she will fair after the surgery, I am worried about the anesthesia, I am really just worried about everything. I am sure that she is going to be fine and that all will be ok, but I am still really worried for some reason. So next Sunday, which just happens to be fast Sunday, Our Family is going to have a special Fast for Kate. Will you join us? Will you keep Kate and our family in your prayers.

6 comments:

Clore said...

we will definitely keep you and kate in your prayers. We love you!

maggie-t said...

I am so sorry! I am sure everything will be ok, but as a mother you have a right to worry. You must be a really good mother if you detected the cyst so early.
You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Of course we will keep you in our fast next Sunday

Kathryn said...

I so know how you feel. Brandon had to have surgery when he was 6 weeks old. It's a scary thing. We'll definitely have you, Kate, and her surgeon in our thoughts and prayers.

Kristine said...

Oh wow! I totally understand how you feel with having your baby in surgery! That is so hard. But we will definitely keep you in our prayers and watch for updates!

Kathlen said...

Abbie, we are waiting until the fourth because it is after the holidays.

Kathlen said...

Thanks everyone for you love an support!!