Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Kate (Part 1)

This is an account of the problems that poor Kate has faced since birth.

Problem 1) Kate has never slept through the night since day one. Which as most mothers know, is nothing unusual. However, at night between cries, I get anywhere from 8 minutes to and 1.5 hours. The average is one hour.

Problem 2) At about three months, Kate starts screaming for hours on end. As a parent I can sense that something is wrong with her. Even our neighbor was worried about her. On top of that she had not pooped in five days, we take her to ER. the Doctors scanned her belly to make sure that her intestines had not twisted, which they hadn't. They sent us home with instructions to give her a suppository if she doesn't have a bowel movement in a couple of days. We had been home two hours when she finally pooped, and it was very gross. The pediatrician and the ER doctors disregard it as normal breastfed babies at three months. Four days after that bowel movement, the screaming started again. We kept giving her suppositories every four or five days. Finally the Ped. said that we couldn't give her any more suppositories and switched us to juice. one once of juice to one ounce of water. It helped, but we were still fighting her bowels and extensive gas.

Problem 3) Kate has, since birth a little hole on her chest. At her two week appointment, the Ped. said that it was just where her skin didn't close off as a fetus. She wanted me to watch it and if it started to ooze puss then I should give her a call. I pretty much thought nothing of it.

Problem 4) About a week and a half ago, Kate broke out in a huge rash all over her body.

Problem 5) Kate keep mysteriously puking. It is only mysterious because she has no other symptoms other then her projectile puke.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Im sorry,. I am know it's rough. I was used to Bailey which as far as health and behovior as a baby,.. they don't come better,.. and Chloe has been a HUGE adjustment for me. She doesn't sleep well, and we are going through the same thing with the pooping and stuff, but I haven't been too worried about it. I hope things get better!