When Jon and I come up with names, we try to be super careful. The main cause for this is because we have such a difficult last name and one that some people find fun in making fun of(not a lot of people, but there are a few). We just feel like the easier we make the kids names the better it will be in the long run. We also look at the possible nicknames that will come about as a result of naming them certain names, because of that a few of our favorite choices got hacked from the list. We(I really don't know how Jon feels about this, so I guess I should say "I") also happen to really like naming my children after family members, deceased or not!
For example, Brett's full name is Brett Robert. Brett comes from Jon's middle name and Jon's dad's name. Robert comes from My Fathers name, My Grandfathers name, Jon's Grandfathers name and Jon's Uncle's Name(we covered both families on that one).
Katherine Lucy. Katherine comes from the fact that both Jon and I have great aunts named Kathryn. I happen to prefer the spelling K-a-t-h-e-r-i-n-e, personally it looks a little more regal(I guess thats the word I am looking for). No offense to those who spell it with a 'Y', it just isn't my favorite spelling. Anyway and Lucy come from my middle name and my grandma's name.
Ok on to the huge question of nicknames.......I don't care what you call her as long as you don't call her: Kathy(I really don't like the name kathy) and, Kat(that is my nickname, and I don't share very well, ask Jon). Personally I prefer Kate, I love that name. Mikaela(my little sis) has asked that she be allowed to call her Kassie(which is my nickname from Mikaela) and I have granted the sharing of that nickname for her. As for the rest of you call her what you will, if it rubs me wrong I'll let you know :), fair?
We took Sis(She has been sis for so long to me) to the Dr. Office yesterday and she is looking really good. The Dr. offered a few tips to help with breast feeding that actually may solve some of the very same problems that I had with Brett. The most exciting news is that Sis doesn't have jaundice. Which the Dr. said for both parents having it when they were born, is pretty amazing. She has lost a little more weight, but that is to be expected. We go back for a check up in exactly a week, I have no doubt that she will be back up to birth weight plus some by then. Sis is sleeping about 3-4 hours at night, good for her but not so good for me. I usually wake up right before she does to feed her, gotta love nursing!!
Enough about Sis, her big brother is so silly. He has been having a hard time the last couple of days. He loves his sister to death, but he still struggles. On a funny note he was popping popcorn( they made caramel corn) with Grandma today. Well she turned her back for two seconds and he had managed to spill two gallons of popped popcorn all over the floor! Much to his enjoyment we had to pop some more corn.
This is what he wore today and we just can't get enough of how cute his is in this outfit!!
Sis and I came home to these, they are absolutely beautiful
3 comments:
How fun!)You sound like your a proud mother! Hang in there,it takes a little bit for the little guys to adjust.
Congratulations!! We have been thinking of you tons and we are so excited for you. KATHERINE LUCY is just beautiful. Congratulations again!
Wow! She is so beautiful! CONGRATS! How is it to have a little girl? And I love the name Kate. That's what we'll call her! Hope you're recouperating well!
Post a Comment