Monday, June 8, 2009

Brett's Birthday Party and More

This post is going to be mainly of pictures and a few comments for those who could not be here for Brett's big day.

We had a small celebration with Dad over the phone on Brett's Birthday, so here is a picture of his little b-day cake with candles, of course(candles are the new interesting thing)!
The Ice Cream cake that I made him for his party on Saturday.
With candles(note: I couldn't resist putting more then two candles on his cake, but it is two of every color).
As a kid we would always put streamers on the fan and turn it on. Brett loved it!
Playing with they tractor(it had lights and sounds).
Enjoying the Cake.
Who can resist Oreos and Ice cream?
The other tractor that I bought for the cake that didn't fit!
Pop Rocks!! This kid loves them, and I love watching him eat them!
A container for all of his millions of crayons.
I love crayola color explosion/color wonder, the markers won't write on anything but this special paper.
Puzzles.
Flashlight=Big hit!!
My personal favorite, LUMPY. I think it is one of his favorites too.
Mr. Potato head. I always wanted one as a kid and now Brett has one. It has given us countless hours of entertainment already.
Sand box toys. Good thing the park has a sand box.
A water bottle that dad got for Brett at his conference, Brett affectionately calls it his sippy.
Little lights also from the conference, big hit!!

Other then the craziness of last week, we are currently sitting at home enjoying each others company and counting contractions. I am not too worried, if she doesn't come this week on her own then we are going to induce her this weekend. The blog and all who read it, will be the first(actually second, family first) to know of her arrival. Even though facebook is easier to update, I promise that my blog gets first priority(we have been together longer)! My dr. appointment went well last week and we are progressing beautifully, so literally any day now. My last dr. appointment is on Thursday so we will see what this little one is up too, hopefully we will miss the appointment. Man, I love wishful thinking! Until then, we are just waiting!

3 Days left (give or take a few)!!

3 comments:

mckenna said...

Happy birthday Brett!! Cute little party! Can't wait to see what #2 looks like in the next few days or so!!

Jenni said...

I LOVE the birthday cake. I think I may have to copy your idea for little Caleb's #3. He loves backhoes. How did you make the icecream cake? And I love that you put more than 2 candles on it, I'm sure Brett did too!

Kathlen said...

Kind of easy, mainly messy. Take Oreo cookies(or a generic brand) scoop out the middle(throw it away). Crush the Oreos in blender( you want the Oreos to be very fine). Find 3(one flavor per layer) different kinds of ice cream(I used mint chocolate chip, vanilla and chocolate). Spread a layer of Oreo on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, next cut slices of one flavor and lay it down on top of Oreo(make sure the ice cream is somewhat thawed. Fill any cracks with melted ice cream. Once the first layer is done, repeat with Oreo and the other flavors of ice cream ending with Oreo on top. It is super messy to make, but just remember that only the top has to look nice. Re-freeze(best to do it the night before) I then scooped out a hole using a spoon at an angle and then flipped the scooped out ice cream over to make a mound and covered both the hole and the mound with Oreos. I think that is everything that you need to know!! Have fun with it and be creative!