There is however one day of the year that I treasure the most.....On this day, I was all nerves as I waited for my dad to bring me my temple recommend/clothes that I had forgotten, hoping that he would hurry up so that I didn't miss my session. I tried to soak up everything and hurry to get ready at the same time. I was late for my session and found myself briskly walking to the celestial room........there is nothing like seeing your future husband on the other side of the veil.......no nerves, my heart was racing. The elevator ride seemed like it would take forever. I can't even tell you what I felt as I walked into that sealing room, I can tell you that I had a death grip on Jon's hand just in case he made a mad dash for the door. I have a slight idea what the sealer said to us, I know that Jon could recall more of that then I could. I remember how I felt as I knelt across the altar from my love, I couldn't stop smiling. Then we uttered the most powerful word that has changed our lives forever....."YES," no nerves, I knew I had made the right choice. We exchanged rings and then waited as all of our
family/friends hugged us. We parted and got dressed in our traditional wedding clothes, and then we greeted the world together. Two hours later we were on our way to a little family party.I am so grateful, for a husband who loves me despite all of my short comings. Who is so patient and kind, he is always trying to find ways to make my life a little easier. He is always there for me, even when I am two months pregnant and I am so weak that I can't hold myself up to puke. He is my greatest friend, my protector, my advocate, my love. I wake up every morning and am so grateful that he is there with me every step of the way, I know that I could not do it with out him.
I have loved learning and growing with him over the last four years and look forward to eternity and know that we have lots more learning and growing to do, but together we will have fun and make the most of it. I am ever so grateful for the decision that we made to be sealed in the temple, and for the impact that has had on our lives and that of our children. There isn't one tiny little thing about our marriage that I would change....absolutely nothing! I feel about Jon the same way Joseph Smith did for Emma, I would go to hell and back for him. I love him that much! Four years, the best husband any girl could ask for and two wonderful kids.....could my life be any better?

Thanks Sweetheart for making me a better wife and mother. Thanks for keeping me grounded and sane :). Thanks for all of your love, support and encouragement in everything that I do!! I LOVE YOU TONS!!!
(For those who are sad that I missed the pregnancy update don't worry it is coming, along with the exciting events of our weekend. Look for it on Wednesday(unless something more exciting come up))!!
1 comment:
What a sweet post!!
Post a Comment