Friday, May 15, 2009

Pregnancy Update and Goodies!!

Were you wondering if I was going to post like I promised? Well a promise is a promise, right? Ok, ok I will get on with it.

We are doing well, other then being sick and not eating. Sissy is dropping, so you can only imagine the fun/pain that we are in/having. Contractions are coming more frequent, and with out a Dr. appointment this week I really don't have much more that I can tell you.

Now for the goodies.....I needed some blanket for sissy, so I decided to make them myself, since no one seemed to be interested in doing it for me. This required me to sew them, and I don't sew but I rounded the corners and added a nice little stitch to the edges.You will have to click on the pictures to see the stitching.

I didn't want to buy a nursing cover, so I made one. Mind you more sewing was involved, and that my friends was a little harder then the blankets. I did it, and I am so proud of my work.

Brett out grew his hooded towel, and so I made him a new one.Green is his favorite color.

With Brett's new bed we got him a camping pillow. I am a little paranoid giving him a big pillow so we settled on a camping pillow. It needed a pillow case, and so you guessed it. I made him one.
I have my nursing pillow (boppy) and I didn't want to pay the $10+ dollars to buy the covers for it, so I am going to be making them this weekend (pictures to come).

The blinds in Brett's room are mainly for privacy and not for blocking out the sunlight, which makes for a boy getting up pretty early and going to bed late. So I am also making some black curtains this weekend (pictures to come).

So for those of you who are not completely impressed, you should be. I have never sewn in my life and with gentle and very encouraging words from my Mother in law along with tons of guidance I have managed to sew alot. I am by no means a pro, and don't trust myself to make anything with out her help. I have gained tons of confidence, and had some fun while I was at it.

I have also managed to completely cleaned out our apartment and make tons of room for our little sister. We have a few names......but we are not sharing(unless you want to pay a small fee;)), sorry! I am ready to relax and wait for her arrival!

27 Days!!

7 comments:

Dani W said...

wow lots of sewing for someone who doesnt sew... you did great! I love all of your cute creations!!!

mckenna said...

Cute!! Good work! I don't sew either and there are a lot of things that I'd love to make right now. Unfortunately I don't have anyone to teach me. :(

Sarah said...

Wow!!! You must feel so proud :) That is A LOT of work! I'm really impressed. Especially the nursing cover. How cool!

TC, Ashley said...

I am impressed with your sewing! You are so creative. I am not and have never really made something worth keeping my whole life. I should really try more.

RWSerr said...

I'm really proud of you Kathlen! You have done a really good job. Next time I need something made I'll know where to go! :-)

Sure love you!

Keriann said...

Looks great! I think you did a really, really good job (especially for not sewing before). Good Luck with the next little while. Let me know if you need anything else. I could make something and bring it up to Ann Arbor. It would give me an excuse to come visit.

Leslie said...

We can't wait to see Starlynn's cousin! Cute stuff! I need to learn how to do all that. It's very admirable and must feel wonderful to be able to give so many hand-made gifts to your children!