Friday, August 14, 2009

Not So Fantastic Sams

I have been meaning to post about this but have been so behind in everything, that it has been shoved off until now! About 7 weeks ago(that puts is event the Saturday before Katherine's blessing) I decided that I wanted to get my hair cut*. So against the advice of my mom, who warned me that it is not a good idea to get a hair cut the day before a big event, such as said blessing, I did it anyway. It wasn't like I was getting a perm or coloring, it was a simple cut. Three inches off and a few layers, you really can't screw that up.

So I went to Fantastic Sam's and owner told me that I had to have my hair washed no matter what, even though I had washed it the night before( I have never had to have it washed in the past). So I got it washed and I told the guy what I wanted and in about 8 minutes he was done, and I was scared. Scared because I have had my hair cut many times and I know that it takes longer then 8 minutes to cut my hair and put layers in it. It looked ok at the moment and so I went to go pay and the woman charged me $10 for a wash. I didn't want to cause a huge stink(plus I had to hurry home to sis, so I paid her and left. I get home and realize that when he "layered" my hair he parted it down the middle and not off to the side like I always part it. So when I part it like it is suppose to be all of my "layers" are on one side. Problem number 2 is the fact that he took off like, I don't know 5 inches!!! So my hair is really short, well shorter then I like it. Problem number 3 is that I have to either wear my hair in a really tiny bun, due to the fact that I have very little hair or curl it before I go out. I can't leave it down and uncurled because it looks like a rat came along while I was sleeping and gnawed off 5 inches. Lets just say that this Fantastic Sam's is not so fantastic.

I will have to wait a year before I can fix the mistakes that they made, and I will not be going back(in case you were wondering). I have also learned to listen to mom!! Oh by the way my mom used to do hair and she was in shock when she saw what they had done to my hair and found out how much I paid them.

I don't know if you can see how bad it is, but honestly the picture don't do it justice.



*Note: After having a baby you feel, how do I put this.....not yourself(mom's you know what I am talking about). When I have to go out in public after a baby, especially for an event where I am going to be in the spotlight, I like to look good. Which usually means that I buy a new outfit, get my hair done, paint my nails whatever it takes to make myself feel good and not the sleep deprived mother that I usually am.

6 comments:

Britney said...

It does look a little choppy but not so bad. I'm sorry! I know you don't want to go back there, but you should go tell them to give you your money back and give you their best stylist to fix it for you.

Anonymous said...

Get yourself back over them and make them fix it! Make sure you get a refund for the "mandatory" wash!

Leslie said...

I had a similar experience at Gene Jaurez. I got one of their best stylist for a $65 hair cut. He was done in under 20 minutes, hair wash and all. I was upset... it didn't look good. Then when I got home I found a little chunk of hair that was no joke, like an inch and a half longer than it should be. Well, I just trimmed that off myself and delt with it. After several weeks, I decided it would be best to call in and complain... but yes... I had waited too long of course. So, I don't know how long its been... but you should go get your money back ASAP! (but it doesn't look THAT bad... at least in the pics.)

mckenna said...

Yikes!! I'm sorry!! If you're ever in Wyoming stop by and I'll try to "fix" it for you! :)

becky said...

oh that stinks. I have had a similar experience (at a different place) and I looked like Johnny Depp in Willy Wonka. Not good. It doesn't look bad in the picts but I was also told the picts of my boys' mullet was not near the same as seeing them in person.

Anonymous said...

haha........yep that seems about right
BS