Monday, October 26, 2009

It Could Be Nothing, But I Could Be Something

For those who do not have us as friends on facebook, here is what is going on with Kate.

When Kate was two weeks old I noticed that she had a little dimple in her skin right above her heart. When I felt it, I could feel that this dimple was a little deeper then it looked. I asked the doctor to take a look at it, at Kate's two week check up. The doctor explained that when Kate was a fetus, her skin didn't close all of the way at this place on her chest. Upon further investigation the doctor concluded that she didn't feel that it was a open track. The Doctor did tell me that should it start to ooze puss, that we should bring her back in.

Two weeks ago, I was on the phone with my Sister in Law. Like most days I was loving my little girl and checking her out. Making sure that she wasn't hiding any goo in her neck rolls. I say her little dimple and I had this urge to feel it. The track felt wider then it had when she was two weeks, I just chalked up to the fact that she had grown. I figured that I would ask the doctor when we went in for Kate's 4 month check up. As I was feeling around it, puss started to ooze out of it. It wasn't just a little puss, the amount was bigger then a pencil eraser in diameter, or enough to freak me out.

I called the Doctor and then had arranged for me to bring Kate in that afternoon. When the Doctor looked at it she dismissed it as nothing serious. She believes that it is closed on the inside, to be safe she has referred us to a pediatric surgeon. She consulted another Doctor in the office and he told her that he had seen two in the late week and they both turned out to be cysts. Ok, that is not comforting at all. Doc says that if it keeps oozing puss to bring Kate back in. Well we are still oozing puss. My question is if it is closed on the inside, then why is it oozing puss?

Our Appointment is set for Nov. 23. If it is a cyst, I am going to be ticked that they didn't get us in sooner.

6 comments:

Abbie said...

Yuck to the puss and yikes to the situation. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I had a cyst right below my left breast a couple years ago that they simply removed... I was even awake during the procedure which was weird. If it's a cyst though, I would think that's a good thing because cysts aren't cancerous and I think they really aren't that serious. But still, when it's your little baby girl it feels like world is going to end. Hang in there! Let the spirit guide you. If he prompts you to take her in earlier, do it.

Leslie said...

My poor little niece. I hope she's ok, and I'm hoping for the "it could be nothing". I think it's ridiculous they didn't schedule you until the 23rd.

TC, Ashley said...

Good luck! I'm sorry you have to wait until the 23rd to hear anything. That's frustrating. We'll keep you and Kate in our prayers.

maggie-t said...

I am surprised they are making you wait until the 23rd. Hopefully it is nothing serious. I would be totally freaked out if I saw puss oozing form my baby as well. I am sure it will turn out alright

Clore said...

I get frustrated with docs sometimes! Hang in there, I hope it all works out for you!

Clore said...

The Redferns (R House) had the same problem with their little boy. I think he had to go through surgery. You should email her and ask her about it!