So Other then yard sales I have been hunting on craigslist fo some needed items. They may not seem needed, but let me justify them to you.
We got this entertainment center. It is going to get a new fresh coat of paint and doors put on it. We are also going to get another shelf. This shelf retail was $475 we bought it off of craigslist for $150 and that included delivery.

This georgeous mirror, enlarges our very small living room. It retails for $700-$1000 we got it for $25

We were given a sleeper sofa from mom and dad wierschke. I had put a slipcover over it, after a little while Brettwould rip the slipcover off for fun. It got so frustrating that I started looking for a new one on craigslist that matched our decor. Lucky me, I found a desired sleeper sofa that matched our decor and was in our budget. The couch retail in anywhere from $360-$600 we got it for $75. Why would we want a sleeper sofa? Well the answer isn't so that we would have a place for our guests to sleep. I mentioned that we have a small living room, Scroll down and see what we did. It went from a sleeper sofa to a........


TOYBOX!!!!! We took out the sleeper mechanism and turned it into Brett's toybox. Can you tell that my husband is an Engineer. He has a million great ideas, that make my life easier. Thanks Dad Wierschke for your help.

We also acquired a bedroom ceiling fan. Since it is fall and cool outside, it is sitting in a box in the basement. So I was not able to get an pictures. My next purchase is a Brio Train set. I am going to pick it up on Thursday, should all go well.
7 comments:
That is the coolest idea to make the sleeper sofa a toy chest! And you're getting a brio train next? Those are awesome :)
I LOVE the sofa/toy box idea!! So smart!!
I love the couch/toy bin! what a creative idea. I like craigslist too. I look at least once a week for good deals.
i loooooooooooooove craigslist. i've bought and sold a lot of stuff on there!
sweet stuff!! I need you to come decorate my house! :-)
that is an amazing idea
You get such great deals.
Post a Comment