Thursday, October 13, 2011

Latest Happenings In the Wierschke Home

Oh my goodness, where has time gone? I can't believe that I have been so lacks with this blog, I used to be really good. I guess that life just happened, and slightly disrupted things. In an effort to not make this blog horrifically long I will give a brief summary from March to June and then get to nitty gritty details from June until now.

In March we had the opportunity to drive to Washington for the summer for an internship for Jon. We were still waiting on funding to come through, but we were excited. Plus we were going to live 20 minutes from my parents. I was still working with the scouts, and both Jon and I were going to school. April was much of the same, but my Sister Mikaela came to stay with us, while my parents were on a cruise. In May however we found out that we were in deed moving for the summer and started preparations. We had a blast driving out to Washington and Brett enjoyed swimming in the hotel pools every night. In Washington we stayed at a rental property that my Aunt and Uncle owned, which was such a HUGE blessing to us. We celebrated the kids birthday out in Washington and Aunt Heather got engaged!!! We had so much fun going to the museum of flight, Playing with Grandpa Bob's many fire trucks, Visiting the pacific coast, and having Barbeques with family. I still had school :(, but over all we had fun in June.

In July, we celebrated the 4th of July and Jon's Birthday. Jon got the best birthday present ever! Here is a picture of the kids showing you what it was. You make have to click on the image for you to see it really well.**Side note: I LOVE this picture, I am head over heels in love with these kids.**

That's right, Jon got a baby. We found out on his Birthday that we are pregnant with our third child :)!! About two weeks later I graced the ER for the first of many hydration sessions. Most of you might know, some of you might not know. I have a condition called Hyperemesis, I am constantly sick form the time I get pregnant to the time that I deliver, even with medication. I lose so much weight and visit the hospital a lot for needed hydration, it is crazy. So, yeah our pregnancies are far from a walk in the park, and they are VERY hard on our family. To be honest I wanted to get pregnant. We had talked about getting pregnant this December, so we were 6 months earlier then planned. When I found out I was a little sad, I knew how hard it was going to be on our little family, and we tried to continue life like normal. Unfortunately my migraines got so bad that they put me in the hospital just as much as the hyperemesis did. We knew we needed an OB, that could track my progress(or lack there of) so that we stayed healthy. On my first visit to the Doctor, he thought I was crazy for having a third child. I know. I know!! I hear it everyday, and I feel crazy most days. However this is what the Lord wants for our family, so we are doing it.

Ok, time to shorten this story. I have lost 27 pounds!! Yikes. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love it and I feel/look great, but it is not good for me or baby. I have been in and out of the hospital at least a dozen times. The OB has been a little worried about weight since we are in our second trimester, and we should have gained weight by now. Some how even despite eating what little I do, I am STILL losing weight. Along with that the migraines are KILLING me, I went from having then 1-4 times a YEAR to 5 in a WEEK. We are working with a neurologist to try and get them under control (cross your fingers). I am so weak, so tired and in so much pain, and some days I don't know if I can make it to the next day. The Good news is that baby's heartbeat is steady and normal, so hopefully there will be no lasting effects for him/her.

***Funny Story***
We have been trying to prep Kate and Brett for this baby. Kate normally goes with the flow and seems to be ok with baby(plus she is a girl, what girl doesn't like babies?). However Brett is more hesitant about new situations and so I have tried to work with him more. When talking with him several weeks ago, we had a funny discussion.
Me: Brett do you want a little sister or a little brother?
Brett: Um, nothing.
Me: Brett the baby has to either be a boy or a girl.
Brett: Um, I just want a baby.
Me: But, do you want it to be a brother that you can wrestle with or a sister that you can cook with?
Brett: No that's ok I just want a baby.

I guess that means he will be ok, with whatever right?

I am still pretty sick, and Jon has been a saint and done everything around the house, plus he has to help me with my school. The OB was seriously deciding on if she was going to Picc line me or not. Luckily we narrowly escaped that, only because I am able to eat on my own, even though it is small amounts. Jon and I have decided that we will not be able to have any more biological children. We have been told that the older that I get, the worse my hyperemesis will get. We have also been told that if I have any kids beyond 30 it could potentially kill me. After this pregnancy I honestly believe that, each pregnancy has been significantly worse then the previous one.

News like this saddens me. I know in my heart that we are to be the parents of four beautiful children, and I know that is what our Heavenly Father wants for us also. So I am left trying to figure out how to fill that void. We have decided that we are going to adopt our last child, this is a huge process and undertaking, but we feel like it is what we need to be do. I know that we are currently pregnant, and so we will be waiting to start our paper work. However we still have to come up with a significant amount of money. I don't want to beg for money, so I am going to set up and Etsy store and sell a lot of my craft creations online, and all the money will go toward our adoption.


All In all we are excited. I am just beginning to feel baby move, and that is always a sweet relief for me. Now I can start keeping track of movements as a way for me to make sure that baby is ok, then wait for the next OB visit to hear our baby's heartbeat.

Here are a few quick favors I need from you.

1)(And the biggest favor and most important) Keep my little family in your prayers and thoughts, we still have a long way to go in this pregnancy. We are really fighting to beat this.

2) I already have a few ideas of what I am going to make and sell in my Etsy store, but if you run across any cute/fun ideas will you pass them on to me?

Ok before I fry my computer, from all the crying. We find out what we are having next Friday! I am going to post a poll on the right tool bar, so make your best guess. Lastly, we are due March 20th! I am going to try and keep this blog posted with the most recent updates/pictures of this pregnancy and happenings.

Loves to all!!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh Kathlen! Congratulations! I am so happy you are pregnant, but so sorry that it takes such a toll on you. We will definitely keep you guys in our prayers. I wish we still lived close so that I could do more for you, but at least I know you are in an incredible ward full of people who will take care of you guys! :) Let me know when your etsy store is up and running!

becky said...

Good luck. keep us posted on how everything is going.

Keriann said...

Congratulations and good luck! I hope all goes well! You all are definately in our prayers!

Clore said...

horray! Congrats on the 3rd@ I am sorry things are so tough for you!!! Hang in there!

Samantha said...

Kathlen I miss talking with you! I've always admired how faithful, selfless, and strong you are. You are a wonderful example. We will keep your family in our prayers. Adoption is a such a special thing. I know that when the timing is right the Lord will make sure His spirit children go to the proper families no matter how they get there. Love you guys!