Monday, September 27, 2010

Family Home Evening

Family Home Evening is always very interesting. It used to be very frustrating, Brett would insist on playing the piano. I am always tired and not willing to hear the banging on the piano. That was until I realized the kind of joy that he gets, by being a part of the program. We decided that Brett get to pick and play the opening and closing songs. Mom or Dad get to do the lessons. I will tell you, that it makes such a difference and brings such sweet spirit to our Home Evenings. It is fun to watch him try and decide what songs we are going to sing. Sometimes we get three measures into a songs and he stops playing the piano, looks at us and announces, “No, No, No, Snowman.” Of course we change the songs and go on. I am grateful for the Brett's love and passion of ALL things.

No comments: