Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Favorite Time of the Year!!


Since we don't live in Utah anymore, we had to go to the church to watch conference. This by the way was the first time in my life, not being able to lounge in my jammies and eat whatever I want. I was a little aprehensive about Brett, and how I would be able to keep a very active from not distubing others. We brought lots of toys and snacks, we even brought the pack and play for nap time!! Luckily Mom was able to keep him entertained, while I was left to cross stitch(a little something for my ADD mind).

As I sat there and I listened to the speakers, I was waiting for my annual "You could do better" talk. I was surprised when after the first session was over, and I still hadn't heard something that I needed to change. I just figured that I must not have been listening. I did love the comment that Elder Oaks made when he said that Music can be a great teacher(something like that). For anyone who knows me know that I love music, and I love it when general authorities say things that I firmly believe in(Makes me feel like I am on the right track).

At the end of the second session, I still had not recieved any inspiration, I was confused. Usually I am making a like of things that I need to do to better myself(or to help my life run smoother). As the Childrens Chior sang the closing hymn, We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet, I felt the chills run over me, the Spirit was strong. Then they sang, "When dark clouds of trouble hang o're use and threaten our peace to destroy, there is hope smiling brightly before us and we know that deliverance is nigh". I felt a reassurance, I felt strength, I knew that was my answer.

Lately I have been so short with just about everybody, I am kind of in a rut and trying desperately to get out. I found myself flying into a fit of rage for stupid little reason, that should not have set me off the way I did. I have found myself with no motivation to do anything. Life has just been a little rough for me personally. Those 28 little words, brought me so much strength, to know that I need to be a little more patient, for the Lord is there for me.

As I think back on todays sessions, I am realizing that there was more for me then I realized. I have angels, ones that I can call on when I need help, they are there anytime. Hope there is always hope and when life gets rough, tie a not in your rope and hang on for hope. Last piece of info I got is the age old advice of, "Forget yourself and get to work." As you serve others you will forget all of your problems, and you feel good too.

I Thank Thee O God For A Prophet!!

Sorry it is long, but I had to share this with you. Thanks to my physical angels, you have blessed my life many times. I can't wait for tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Hey! I love your insights on conference. I remember something I heard in conference that might help your situation. I think that Elder Hales talk in the Sunday morning session very much applies to your situation. He talked about laughing more at things you would normally get upset over. I know that his words have stuck with me for sure.

Kathlen said...

Thanks for that Lynette!!

Anonymous said...

Irritable? Hum! Flying off the handle? Hum! Inpatient? Hum? Sounds fishy to me!

Mom

Kathlen said...

Sounds Fishy?? Ok, I call it a lack of sleep(That would be due to a little boy waking up every couple of hours).