I got my first car when I married Jon.Sadly, our great little car always needed something repaired.It always seemed to break down when I was driving it, so I learned to listen to my car.Since then we have gotten a new car, and I have become equally attentive to it.On the 27th of July, I was heading to Cub scouts.My brakes sounded funny, which is nothing new.In the two years we have had the car, we have replaced the brakes TWICE.The weird thing is that we are not hard on the brakes at all, I guess we just have not had much luck with them.Anyway, I dismissed it, until I was on my way home.The brakes sounded awful.I decided to drive very slowly, so that when I had to brake for a light, I would not have to put a lot of pressure on the brakes.When I got home, I voiced my concern to Jon.He took the car out and when he brought it back, he took the tire off so that he could get a good look at the brakes.After a phone conversation with his dad, we knew pad on the front brakes had fallen completely off.The brakes had to be replaced.Unfortunately, Jon did not have the experience to change brakes himself, and taking it to a mechanic would cost too much money.We got lucky the next day, and one of our friends in the ward works for Ford.He also does extensive work on his own cars, so he has all of the tools and know how.Our friend’s schedule was tight and he didn’t have a lot of time to help us, but that was before he decided to take half the day off to help Jon.We were so blessed, and fixing out brakes cost us $50.
Good Brake
The Brake pad, that fell off of this..... The whole brake in pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment