Sunday, July 4, 2010

Build and Grow

Becc told us about this really great program that Lowe's has. It is called, Build and Grow. It is for Children 3 and up(we started taking Brett three months shy of three). You take the kids to Lowes(every other saturday), and they give the kids Aprons, Goggles to keep. Then they supply the kids with the wood and tools to build their projects. When they have completed it the project(With parental help), they award the kid a certificate and a patch that you can sew on their apron. For those interested I gave you the link, that gives you the information and the steps you take to sign up. The best part it that it is 100% free, and you can go to any Lowe's in the nation. Here are a few picture of Brett's stuff.Brett's Racecar. This was Brett's very first project. His second Project was a picture frame for Father's day. I didn't get a picture of it, sorry.

Monster Truck, which came with cars to crush.

His Apron

The Patches that he has gotten. Yes, I sewed them on.

Brett has a blast. You should take you kids to it.

5 comments:

Clore said...

That is such a cute idea. I looked up the Lowes around here and they don't do it. :-(

Jenni said...

Thanks for sharing about that program, it looks like fun! We'll have to check it out. I would love to visit with you on the phone sometime, do you still have my number? If not, email me your number, and I'll call you...

Keriann said...

That is awesome! I cannot wait for James to be three so I can take him too. I think he would love it!

DHF said...

Ok, so I am officially stocking your blog. So glad I found out that you have one. Does Becca have one too?
Lowes sounds so fun, I'm always looking for things to keep our kids busy.

Leticia

Mom Hodgson said...

If they do not have a Lowe's, Home Depot has the same program